Sacramento County has officially reached the red tier in the state’s COVID-19 risk-monitoring system. This means that starting the week of March 22 (next-week), students in grades TK-12 will have the option to return to in-person through a hybrid learning format.
Schools in Sacramento County including Mira Loma, have put safety measures in place to protect everyone’s health while keeping schools open.
As we prepare to return to campus starting next week, here are a few protocols that students need to be aware of and/or follow:
- The classes on campus run from 8:00 AM to 10:55 AM, with the exception of 0 period which begins at 7:25 AM. Students choosing to return in-person are assigned to Cohorts A or B. Students choosing to remain in distance learning are assigned to Cohort C. Check the school website for the specific bell schedule.
- Cohort A will attend school in-person on Mondays and Tuesday in the morning, while students from Cohorts B and C remain in distance learning and will receive remote instruction in the afternoon.
- Cohort B will attend school in-person on Thursdays and Fridays in the morning. Students from Cohort A and C remain in distance learning and will receive remote instruction in the afternoon.
- Cohort C will receive remote instruction for all classes.
- Students are expected to arrive at school no more than 10 minutes early because there is no approved place for students to gather.
- Students must head straight to class upon arriving on campus.
- For drop off and pick up, parents should enter from the back of the school at the Norris gate, and turn left to drive to the student parking lot. They should head all the way down to the tennis courts before stopping to drop off or pick up students. Then, they should exit the parking lot through the Becerra exit.
- Parents and students are not allowed into the Faculty parking lot behind the science building.
- There is a pedestrian traffic pattern around the school so that all the major hallways and staircases are in one direction only. Everyone must follow the directional arrows that label these walkways.
- Everyone on campus must wear a mask at all times. Make sure the mask fits snugly and is large enough to cover both the nose and the chin.
- Everyone must be at least six feet apart from each other.
- All drinking fountains will be turned off. Students are recommended to bring their own water bottles to stay hydrated.
- There will be no breakfast in the morning, and lunch is not on campus. However, for those students receiving meals from school, the next day’s breakfast will be included in the previous day’s lunch.
- Every classroom has a hand-sanitizer dispenser installed for students to use.
- All students will be required to sit in their assigned seats every day.
- Teachers will have a bottle of spray disinfectant and will be cleaning the classroom between each class.
- If all bathroom stalls are full, then students must wait outside. As one person comes out, one person may go in.
- As school is dismissed, students are expected to exit the campus directly.
- P.E classes will not be using the locker rooms. Students will not be dressing up.
- Tutoring services will remain online.
Several more measures have been taken to secure a positive and healthy learning space for every student. Watch this safety video for more information about our safe return. Mira Loma looks forward to a safe remainder of the year and is excited to finally see some faces in-person!